FLOATSOFT is a lightweight software by itself, taking up less than 2 MB of space in your hard drive, requiring very little processing power and featuring minimal memory consumption (30-40 MB). However, as it interfaces with SOLIDWORKS API, and manipulates Virtual Bodies inside the model, computation times will strongly benefit from a powerful CPU; high single-thread performance is preferable. In any case, the minimum system requirements are no higher than that of SOLIDWORKS  itself:
- Windows® 7 or newer (64-bit)
- Dual core CPU; Quad core recommended
- 8GB RAM; 16GB recommended
- 2GB free disk space; 5GB recommended
- 2GB or more GPU RAM; 4GB recommended
- NVIDIA® graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro®/NVIDIA GeForce®/Tesla™ with at least NVIDIA Kepler™ chip; Dual-GPU setup with at least NVIDIA Maxwell™ cards for the best experience
- NVIDIA driver version 385.41 (or newer) recommended
- NVIDIA driver support for CUDA® 9.0 or newer required
- HDR Light Studio connection: HDR Light Studio v5.3.3 or newer, except v5.4 [not required for FLOATSOFT]
- 4GB of video memory or more required for the Denoiser feature
Obviously, FLOATSOFT requires a functioning SOLIDWORKS installation to work. FLOATSOFT was tested from SOLIDWORKS 2016 through 2020 SP4, but should work in earlier and later versions as well. On the off-chance that the SOLIDWORKS API changes, breaking the functionality of FLOATSOFT, please contact us at email@example.com for a fix.
FLOATSOFT also requires .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed.